SPA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Brits just lazy or what.

3 posters

Go down

Are Brits just lazy or what. Empty Are Brits just lazy or what.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:38 pm

I ask this cos there just dont seem to be any good new shows coming out (I could be wrong) and it seems that our programmers rely far too heavily on American imports. (no offence to our US friends)

Back to top Go down

Are Brits just lazy or what. Empty Re: Are Brits just lazy or what.

Post by Dean Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:43 pm

There hasn't been many funny British shows in the last ten years. We have been taken over by reality shite, original and funny shows have taken a back seat to seeing some cock dance on Strictly come dancing, or some fat wannabe murder a westlife track on X Factor....
Dean
Dean
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:48 pm

Dean wrote:There hasn't been many funny British shows in the last ten years. We have been taken over by reality shite, original and funny shows have taken a back seat to seeing some cock dance on Strictly come dancing, or some fat wannabe murder a westlife track on X Factor....

I completely agree Dean, reality shows have made us lazy and we seem to see them as a very cheap get-out to making good quality tv shows now, but then again maybe the recession has a lot to do with it, but we were deluged with all these reality shows BEFORE the recession.

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Rowan Atkinson is in the process of making a comedy due out in April next year Ben Elton has teamed up with him(from a reliable source by the way) also DJALLI a Iranian or Iraqi comedian brought up in London has I believe almost finished filming a new comedy (from what I can gather it is on similar lines to love thy neighbour) I will do my best to find out more details
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:55 pm

thedelboy wrote:Rowan Atkinson is in the process of making a comedy due out in April next year Ben Elton has teamed up with him(from a reliable source by the way) also DJALLI a Iranian or Iraqi comedian brought up in London has I believe almost finished filming a new comedy (from what I can gather it is on similar lines to love thy neighbour) I will do my best to find out more details

Omid Dhjalli (spelling??) is an Iranian "Comedian". Probably the unfunniest man I've ever seen....
Dean
Dean
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Dean wrote:
thedelboy wrote:Rowan Atkinson is in the process of making a comedy due out in April next year Ben Elton has teamed up with him(from a reliable source by the way) also DJALLI a Iranian or Iraqi comedian brought up in London has I believe almost finished filming a new comedy (from what I can gather it is on similar lines to love thy neighbour) I will do my best to find out more details

Omid Dhjalli (spelling??) is an Iranian "Comedian". Probably the unfunniest man I've ever seen....

I cant stand him or Atkinson, cos i saw Atkinson on GMTV once, and he came across as the most arrogant, smug and conceited guy id ever seen. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:02 pm

I have found a lot of the British "Entertainment" shows have declined over the last couple of years, probably due to lack of funds, Reality shows are not my thing,( but then they are cheap to produce) there are a lot of quite good shows/TV films coming out of America, I tend to watch FX for the new ones, I have noticed that the main five channels don`t buy them up for general viewing ( cost to much I suppose) Shocked
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum