SPA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hotmail passwords hacked. ( Saw this on SBS )

3 posters

Go down

Hotmail passwords hacked. ( Saw this on SBS ) Empty Hotmail passwords hacked. ( Saw this on SBS )

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:14 am

Phishing attack targets Hotmail.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8291268.stm

Back to top Go down

Hotmail passwords hacked. ( Saw this on SBS ) Empty Re: Hotmail passwords hacked. ( Saw this on SBS )

Post by CannyX Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:52 pm

OP,

everyone has been advised to change their passwords!!!!
i still haven't recovered from my yahoo homepage asking(using my real name) "what are you doing right now'', it sounded so pervy!!

Gmail hotmail yahoo AOL have all been all been hacked into. i heard on the news this aft.

which reminds me: i once wrote a little rhyme about hacking!
CannyX
CannyX
Supermod
Supermod

http://www.don't.com

Back to top Go down

Hotmail passwords hacked. ( Saw this on SBS ) Empty Re: Hotmail passwords hacked. ( Saw this on SBS )

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:03 am

From what I can gather they haven't been hacked at all.
People were dumb enough to fall for a scam asking for their login details.
Remember Brad?
He boasted he had the same password for everything and that ...is what the phishers are hoping for cos the password will get them into a lot of financial stuff on the stupid peoples pc's.
Simple ploy on gullible people.
Don't be so dumb and you'll be fine.
If you didn't fall for the scam in the first place you won't need to change your password.

Back to top Go down

Post by CannyX Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:09 am

ppl's greed and gullibility is their downfall, innit??

there was also this thing that some sophisticated criminals do where they install a secret micro-camera on the PC or cash dispenser and then watch the hand movements as the person types in their password /PIN and deduce from that what it is. there was even a name for it (which i forget) there was a big story about it last year but it died down and we heard no more about it..
CannyX
CannyX
Supermod
Supermod

http://www.don't.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:11 am

They do it with sites like this...( I think this was one of them that was used )

http://aspvbr.wooh-im-blocked.com/

So take care.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:00 am

There also a number of scam emails that have Bank Headings identical to the Bank, (or other financial businesses) that say that your details are incorrect and request that you log in to their site to correct your details. I got one from a Bank that I don`t even use !!!!
Shocked
A Bank will never ask you for your details on line.
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:06 am

Snookerballs wrote:There also a number of scam emails that have Bank Headings identical to the Bank, (or other financial businesses) that say that your details are incorrect and request that you log in to their site to correct your details. I got one from a Bank that I don`t even use !!!!
Shocked
A Bank will never ask you for your details on line.

I get them as well.Twats. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:09 am

I got twenty five million quid once off a very nice Nigerian chap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:24 am

jack wrote:I got twenty five million quid once off a very nice Nigerian chap.

I remember that Jack. I never did get my share though!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by nickdb87 Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:48 am

I've changed my hotmail password - though not by much. Hopefully it'll be enough though. Laughing Embarassed

nickdb87
Fresh
Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:21 pm

DreamTwister wrote:
jack wrote:I got twenty five million quid once off a very nice Nigerian chap.

I remember that Jack. I never did get my share though!! Very Happy

I`m still waiting for my share. scratch
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:45 pm

Thought I would let you peeps know, just received unusual telephone call, from a Computer Repair firm representing Microsoft,(called Global Computers/Click or summit !!!) Sounds very authentic, with call centre noise in back ground (recorded???????) saying that there is a microsoft problem that has been reported on my computer, As our family have several computers between us (one purchased a couple of weeks ago) including an outside business one, I wanted to know who reported the fault ( as its possible they may have reported a fault without letting me know) they said they would check and then rang me back 2 minutes later.
I was told to switch on one computer and they would check the line fault, for details, I said if I have a fault on a computer "I will contact you," and hung up.
A clever scam !!!!!!!!!!!!
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum