SPA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With the postal strike looming......

+2
CannyX
Syl
6 posters

Go down

With the postal strike looming...... Empty With the postal strike looming......

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Will it affect you very much, i.e. do you have your own business and you rely on the Royal Mail, or do you use one of the other carriers, and what do you think of the strike in general, are the union shooting themselves in the foot with Britain still in the iron grip of this recession or do you agree with them.

Back to top Go down

With the postal strike looming...... Empty Re: With the postal strike looming......

Post by Syl Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:37 pm

I do think ultimately people should have the right to strike, as a last resort. Too many workers IMO get paid peanuts, whilst higher ups get hefty bonuses. I dont know whether this strike is about money.

The service Royal mail offers has IMO deteriated a lot in the last few years. I am noticing more and more firms prefer to use someone other than RM. When they do,I have found its often a better service.

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

With the postal strike looming...... Empty Re: With the postal strike looming......

Post by CannyX Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:44 pm

MickyMod wrote:Will it affect you very much, i.e. do you have your own business and you rely on the Royal Mail, or do you use one of the other carriers, and what do you think of the strike in general, are the union shooting themselves in the foot with Britain still in the iron grip of this recession or do you agree with them.
fortunately not. i have very little interaction with "snail mail". frankly (!)it's is becoming more and more irrelevant to me.
CannyX
CannyX
Supermod
Supermod

http://www.don't.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:45 pm

I feel sorry for the posties, they are having a hard time of it, this is about cut backs to increase profits for the shareholders, our local sorting office last year had 60 people working,its now been cut back to 40, the posties have had to take on extra rounds,still work the same hours, increased load, with no overtime,
my postie called the other day 4.30 in the afternoon with our post, he`d already gone nearly 2 hours over his time, No overtime, it was just to get it done. Out here in a rural community the postie is part of life, a quick chat and hello to those on their own, a watchful eye on the elderly its more than just sticking a letter through the letter box.
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ck Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:16 pm

It's better not effect my prizes or I won't be happy Evil or Very Mad

Ck
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthy Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:16 pm

As always VICTORY TO THE STRIKERS!
Truthy
Truthy
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Punk Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:39 am

Snookerballs wrote:I feel sorry for the posties, they are having a hard time of it, this is about cut backs to increase profits for the shareholders, our local sorting office last year had 60 people working,its now been cut back to 40, the posties have had to take on extra rounds,still work the same hours, increased load, with no overtime,
my postie called the other day 4.30 in the afternoon with our post, he`d already gone nearly 2 hours over his time, No overtime, it was just to get it done. Out here in a rural community the postie is part of life, a quick chat and hello to those on their own, a watchful eye on the elderly its more than just sticking a letter through the letter box.

More mail then ever before and less posties to deliver them, so what do the management do? Reduce their conditions, reduce collections, close offices. You would of thought that management, after spending 20 odd years wrecking The Post Office, would listen to the union and the regulator. No, they have ignored all warnings and dismissed them as untrue. We wont cancel second deliveries, we wont cancel morning collections, we wont cancel timed collections were their promises, which fell by the wayside for the sake of progress.
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:15 pm

From the very top all the way down to middle management ...massive bonusus are being paid out ...but nowt for the postie.
I'm behind the posties.

Will this effect JO's giro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthy Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:20 pm

The posties will eventually be sold down the river by the CWU leadership who are fucking useless. I remember when I was a CWU repin the 1990's how useless the leadership was and how far they were up the arses of nu-Labour.

So much for their support of nu-Labour who are now stabbing them in the back.
Truthy
Truthy
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum