SPA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does every citizen in the uk need a Criminal records check?

+6
Mickymod
Snookerballs
Old_Punk
Tytonidae
Vilipend
thedelboy
10 posters

Go down

Does every citizen in the uk need a Criminal records check? Empty Does every citizen in the uk need a Criminal records check?

Post by thedelboy Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:06 pm

been watching the Wright stuff and that is the question of the day (by the way it will cost each and everyone of us at least £64) I think it should only occur for people who work with children or Vulnerable adults! each CRC would only last for a year ffs its just another big brother tactic and it is us that will be paying sooner or later we will have to log in and out whenever we do anything George Orwel 1984
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Does every citizen in the uk need a Criminal records check? Empty Re: Does every citizen in the uk need a Criminal records check?

Post by Vilipend Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:52 pm

Bit by bit they categorise us, organise us, and control us.
Vilipend
Vilipend
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Does every citizen in the uk need a Criminal records check? Empty Re: Does every citizen in the uk need a Criminal records check?

Post by Tytonidae Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:07 pm

The information is there to be found, when and if necessary. I can't see the point of everyone being checked and anually you say, stupid imo., I don't understand the reasoning actually...
Tytonidae
Tytonidae
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Punk Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:18 pm

I've been CRB checked. Laughing
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Me too Punk, clean as a whistle. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:14 pm

A lot of business`s and organisations now insist on them, it makes sense to me, CV`s, references etc don`t mean a lot. I had to take out one for helping out in a voluntary capacity. (for the elderly)
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:22 pm

I have also had a CRB check came out clean , but I was a little sod at 13 and had a caution but nothing apart from DUI since and that was 13 years ago ? They are supposed to show spent convictions as well confused I worked with alcoholics and drug addicts; so to me it shows they are not worth the paper they are written on
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickymod Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:10 pm

Del I was at a meeting last week and my area manager was talking about this ISA apparently everyone who come into our building will have to have had one of these checks... where the CRB checks for obviously criminal records, the ISA will look for near misses ie cautions warnings etc. the cost is £64 .00.
we were told our organisation will be looking for these checks to be done I have worked for this company for 5 years and I have to have this done and should it come back I have been warned or cautioned I could very likely lose my job, Although I know I havent had any.
The hair dresser the book man both have been coming into the scheme for years have to have this done. private cleaners will not escape it in fact anyone coming into our building will have to have this check done. CRB 's alone will not be sufficient any more.
Mickymod
Mickymod
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthy Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:11 pm

The Fascist police state grows more sinister by the day.
Truthy
Truthy
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickymod Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:14 pm

The Independant Safegaurding Authority.

http://www.isa-gov.org.uk/
Mickymod
Mickymod
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickymod Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:18 pm

Truthy wrote:The Fascist police state grows more sinister by the day.

Everything will slowly come to a stop in our scheme Truthy.
Mickymod
Mickymod
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:29 pm

A CRB check is only up-to-date when it is done, within a day of it being issued someone could commit a crime and it wouldn't show until the next CRB is done, in some cases three years later although common practice is now to have them done annually.

Although how up-to-date it is was also a problem with the old Police Check system.

Thedelboy, there are a few levels of CRB checks and the higher ones will show spent convictions. It depends on the position the person is working in whether or not they must have the higher levels.

Serenity
Fresh
Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:35 pm

Serenity wrote:A CRB check is only up-to-date when it is done, within a day of it being issued someone could commit a crime and it wouldn't show until the next CRB is done, in some cases three years later although common practice is now to have them done annually.

Although how up-to-date it is was also a problem with the old Police Check system.

Thedelboy, there are a few levels of CRB checks and the higher ones will show spent convictions. It depends on the position the person is working in whether or not they must have the higher levels.
when I had mine done it was to work with vulnerable people<I must admit my dui was not included (and I had already notified them of the loss of licence etc so I had to have another check done and it still did not come up; as a 13 yrold I broke a window paid for the damage but was still taken to court that did not appear at all?) theses things are only a way for the gov to make a few quid it has nothing to do with safety or any other benefit to the people it is just another tax imho
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickymod Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:38 pm

Serenity wrote:A CRB check is only up-to-date when it is done, within a day of it being issued someone could commit a crime and it wouldn't show until the next CRB is done, in some cases three years later although common practice is now to have them done annually.

Hi Serenity you are right about the CRB checks thats why you have to have one done each time you change your job.
My area manager said this ISA check as come about mainly because of the Soham murders because Huntley was CRB checked and passed that, but if they had done some thing like the ISA check the problems with him would have been found.
Mickymod
Mickymod
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:48 pm

thedelboy wrote:

when I had mine done it was to work with vulnerable people<I must admit my dui was not included (and I had already notified them of the loss of licence etc so I had to have another check done and it still did not come up; as a 13 yrold I broke a window paid for the damage but was still taken to court that did not appear at all?) theses things are only a way for the gov to make a few quid it has nothing to do with safety or any other benefit to the people it is just another tax imho

I don't know how old you are Del, but I imagine your court appearance has been lost in the depths of paper archives. They went through a massive trawl of all things to try to get them onto the database.

Also, it really is down to the police officer conducting the CRB check at their end, they might have something on record showing a court appearance at 13, what it was for and think it isn't relevant. It's naughty but it does happen (or it certainly used to prior to Soham) and in your case they possibly thought time really had been spent.

Serenity
Fresh
Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:54 pm

June wrote:

Hi Serenity you are right about the CRB checks thats why you have to have one done each time you change your job.
My area manager said this ISA check as come about mainly because of the Soham murders because Huntley was CRB checked and passed that, but if they had done some thing like the ISA check the problems with him would have been found.

Hi June, yes and it's really down to luck whether or not the employer will foot that bill for each new CRB. Huntley and Soham really did show up terrible flaws in the system. One of the problems was that he had lived in two main areas of the UK and one area weren't as thorough as the other when they did their side of the police check.

Soham showed police checks for the shambles it is, the PNC is a terrific idea if only all records were correct (there have been too many instances of people having 'bad' CRBs returned, mistaken identity; then it's down to that poor bugger to prove it's not them). Unfortunately all systems rely on humans to manage it, as humans we're experts at making schoolboy errors whether it's because that person in front of the computer couldn't give a shit, whether it's because they're overworked or whether it's because it's their last input at 6pm on a Friday. We can all make mistakes, but some have far worse, far reaching consequences than others.

Serenity
Fresh
Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickymod Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:00 pm

I agree Serenity a computer is only as good as the person putting the information in.
Mickymod
Mickymod
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:31 pm

IF they worked, I think everyone who works with the more vulnerable members of society should be checked. My OH has to have one because he drives a Black cab and its compulsary.

I did a course a couple of years ago. A new scheme started, to train people to help youngsters who had recently been in, or brought up in care, and were now starting out on their own. It was just to help them with the practicalities of living alone, and giving advice if needed. The course finished, I was lined up with my first 'case' but could'nt go ahead because the police checks were held up. Eventually the whole scheme collapsed, because they took so long.
If EVERYONE has to have one, God help us.

How would it work with immigrants?

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickymod Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:48 pm

Syl wrote:IF they worked, I think everyone who works with the more vulnerable members of society should be checked. My OH has to have one because he drives a Black cab and its compulsary.

I did a course a couple of years ago. A new scheme started, to train people to help youngsters who had recently been in, or brought up in care, and were now starting out on their own. It was just to help them with the practicalities of living alone, and giving advice if needed. The course finished, I was lined up with my first 'case' but could'nt go ahead because the police checks were held up. Eventually the whole scheme collapsed, because they took so long.
If EVERYONE has to have one, God help us.

How would it work with immigrants?

I dont know how the system will cope Syl its compulsory that the ISA check will run along side the CRB.
Mickymod
Mickymod
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:17 am

I shouldn't have nicked those mailbags in me younger days then! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickymod Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:59 am

Well Dt the thing is now if a person has near misses or cautions they may never work again with people if the ISA deem it so.
So people who have done silly things that may not have even led them to court, may have ruined there chance of a career in the care profession.
Mickymod
Mickymod
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bolt Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:28 pm

Wholewit is a cabbage!

Bolt
Fresh
Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum