SPA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Signings...

3 posters

Go down

Summer Signings... Empty Summer Signings...

Post by Dean Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:20 pm

What are your thoughts on the transfers so far this summer?

Who would you like your respective teams to sign?

The Michael Owen signing was a surprise to me, but I can see it working. If he is fit, there is no better finisher in the world. It can only be good for england at the next World Cup too.

Im sad to see Ronaldo leave England too. He may not be everyones cup of tea, but I prefer the best players in the world to be playing in the Premiership, and Spain now has the best three (Ronaldo, Kaka, Messi)

Spurs have sold Zokora recently too, Im a little surprised at that. He had a bit of metal about him, something Spurs needed. Harry must have a good replacement lined up already.

As for my team, Birmingham, I think we will struggle next season, unless we sign some big players. I like the signing of Joe Hart (on a season long loan) he's a great keeper, with Premiership experience. Not really sure about the striker we signed, Christian Benitez. it will be £10 million with all the add-ons, I hope he is as good as I've heard...
Dean
Dean
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Summer Signings... Empty Re: Summer Signings...

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:24 pm

I heard talk of David Bentley going to Villa but i didn't know Zokora had gone, and i think we need to offload Bent and possibly Pav but thats about it, but we also need to strengthen our midfield cos we someone like Gazza in his prime or a Ginola, someone who'll just put his foot on the ball and ask "RIGHT WHO WANTS IT" LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:26 pm

A statement on the official Spurs website reads :

“We have reached agreement for the transfer of Didier Zokora to Sevilla.

“The Ivory Coast international joined us from St Etienne in July 2006 and went on to make 134 appearances for the club, including being part of the League Cup-winning side of 2008.

“We thank Didier for his contribution and wish him every success for the future.”
Dean
Dean
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:29 pm

Why have Chelsea paid £18million for Zhirkov?

They already have a great left back in Ashley Cole
Dean
Dean
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:30 pm

Liverpool signing Glen Johnson is a big move too, he was excellent last season, probably the best full back in the Prem....
Dean
Dean
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by CannyX Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:42 pm

didn't someone called jo move from mancity to everton?? he suddenly started scoring like it was going out of fashion!! most people put that down to good man-management, cos he was rubbish under the man city manager.

have they made it a permanent signing yet? they should move fast!!!!!!
CannyX
CannyX
Supermod
Supermod

http://www.don't.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CannyX Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:44 pm

Dean wrote:What are your thoughts on the transfers so far this summer?
Who would you like your respective teams to sign?
The Michael Owen signing was a surprise to me, but I can see it working. If he is fit, there is no better finisher in the world. It can only be good for england at the next World Cup too.
Im sad to see Ronaldo leave England too. He may not be everyones cup of tea, but I prefer the best players in the world to be playing in the Premiership, and

Spain now has the best three (Ronaldo, Kaka, Messi)
that's my line!! amen brother!!!
CannyX
CannyX
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:49 pm

CannyG wrote:didn't someone called jo move from mancity to everton?? he suddenly started scoring like it was going out of fashion!! most people put that down to good man-management, cos he was rubbish under the man city manager.

have they made it a permanent signing yet? they should move fast!!!!!!

Jo joined Everton on loan until the end of the season, but has gone back to Man City. Negotiations are currently underway to extend the loan for another season....
Dean
Dean
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by CannyX Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:16 pm

i have just seen your first post dean, which i should have loooked at before posting, if so, i would have commented on it first before wittering on about those man city idiots!

yes, michael owen's signing was a big shock to me and to everyone i know. frankly, it's a sign of how much faith fans have in fergie's judgement that we did not kick up a fuss at such a strange choice! luckily he was a free signing, plus he's on a pay-as-you-play type of contract, so it's a win-win situation AFAIAC.

i'm off to start another thread in the sports section, then i will log off peeps. xx.
CannyX
CannyX
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by CannyX Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:36 pm

sir alex has £80 millions burning a hole in his pocket and the best new-signings line up he could come up with is:
OWEN - VALENCIA - OBERTON. confused confused
well, we have to trust his judgement i suppose, he's never let us down. i just hope some of the cash hasn't been siphoned off to manu owners to ease their debts, cos they said that would not happen!

the suggestions i've heard mooted are:

-david villa from valencia
-samuel eto'o barca striker (whose champions league pedigree speaks for itself) should have been top of our list, the only player to score in 2 CL finals games, which they then won. fergie falls in love with all players who score against us in important matches. eto'o always pretends he is interested when other clubs try to lure him away, but he always stays with barca. i think he does it on purpose to attract a hefty pay rise each year.
-benzema and ....
-kakka would have been nice additions too, but real madrid stole both of them from under our nose!
plus it would have been nice if tevez stayed with us, obviously.

(i've also heard of silva and douglas, plus riviero from benfica, but i dunno who all those players are, and i don't wanna know, COS THE DYE IS NOW CAST no more new signings fergie said. the new season stars soon. bring it on!!)
CannyX
CannyX
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Punk Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:30 am

MickyMod wrote:I heard talk of David Bentley going to Villa but i didn't know Zokora had gone, and i think we need to offload Bent and possibly Pav but thats about it, but we also need to strengthen our midfield cos we someone like Gazza in his prime or a Ginola, someone who'll just put his foot on the ball and ask "RIGHT WHO WANTS IT" LOL.

Will you do as El Tel says and embrace Patrick Vieira?
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by CannyX Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:15 pm

Old_Punk wrote:
MickyMod wrote:I heard talk of David Bentley going to Villa but i didn't know Zokora had gone, and i think we need to offload Bent and possibly Pav but thats about it, but we also need to strengthen our midfield cos we someone like Gazza in his prime or a Ginola, someone who'll just put his foot on the ball and ask "RIGHT WHO WANTS IT" LOL.
Will you do as El Tel says

and embrace Patrick Vieira?
snog patrick viera?? confused

is MM gay?? :rofl;: :rofl;:
CannyX
CannyX
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum