SPA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Global economy and the recession.

+5
Tytonidae
Vilipend
Snookerballs
Old_Punk
thedelboy
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Global economy and the recession. Empty The Global economy and the recession.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:09 pm

We are in the middle of the worst recession in decades, but some so called experts are saying its starting to bottom out, whats your view guys.

Back to top Go down

The Global economy and the recession. Empty Re: The Global economy and the recession.

Post by thedelboy Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:26 pm

I trully believe the worst is over,everyone jumping on Brown but look at how he has handled things !!without his input we would still be going down hill.
I have some controversial beliefs about politics!!! but I do stand by my beliefs!
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

The Global economy and the recession. Empty Re: The Global economy and the recession.

Post by Old_Punk Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:59 pm

thedelboy wrote:I trully believe the worst is over,everyone jumping on Brown but look at how he has handled things !!without his input we would still be going down hill.
I have some controversial beliefs about politics!!! but I do stand by my beliefs!

Lest We Forget that Cameron was Lamont's advisor during the recession of the early 90s, which was totally down to the Tories and their inflationary policies, they took 5 years to get us out of it 89-94. GB has almost turned it around within a year for a far worse recession.

vote Tory you know it makes no sense Twisted Evil
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:08 pm

Wow OP you agree with me on summat Laughing Laughing
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:09 pm

Old_Punk wrote:
thedelboy wrote:I trully believe the worst is over,everyone jumping on Brown but look at how he has handled things !!without his input we would still be going down hill.

Lest We Forget that Cameron was Lamont's advisor during the recession of the early 90s, which was totally down to the Tories and their inflationary policies, they took 5 years to get us out of it 89-94. GB has almost turned it around within a year for a far worse recession.

They will make cuts every which way though punk, and thanks for getting rid of that awful av. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Punk Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:15 pm

Mickymod wrote:
Old_Punk wrote:

They will make cuts every which way though punk, and thanks for getting rid of that awful av. Wink

If the Tories get you are looking at a minimum of 5,000 police going, similar number of doctors, 10,000 nurses

a rise in consultants like Hague - who is looking more and more like his Steve Bell cartoon and other such cronies

not forgetting a return to sleaze, ministers trying to feed a BSE burger to their kids and other odious stuff
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:21 pm

and selling off every asset we have Mad Mad
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:57 pm

they took 5 years to get us out of it 89-94
No IMO, we just went into a financial lull,( of greed is good, style of thinking) it is only now that it has come back to bite us in the backside, we gave away our industry,banking system and everything else, the current problems stem from those years, its going to be a long uphill struggle, theres a lot more problems yet to come. Shocked
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:03 pm

of course there will be a bit of a struggle, but I think the worse is over; even I am starting to re-invest Shocked
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Recession? What Recession? Have I missed something? sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:36 pm

The worst is just over the horrizon ...trust mre.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:07 pm

jack wrote:The worst is just over the horrizon ...trust mre.

I with you on that one, we`ve just begun, will you be in Llandudno tonight, putting your views forward.? 8) Shocked
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:17 pm

Snookerballs wrote:

I with you on that one, we`ve just begun, will you be in Llandudno tonight, putting your views forward.? 8) Shocked

Whats happening in the land of no tonight then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:33 pm

jack wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:

Whats happening in the land of no tonight then?

David Bumblebee, Mr cheeky girl and others in BBCs Question Time (give us a wave if youre there) Laughing Shocked
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilipend Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:55 pm

I believe we are only on the brink of the recession,
this year in the UK will see all the banks go under or be nationalised,
and a complete collapse of the pound.
The days of living on the never-never are over and won't come back,
newspaper headlines about "green shoots" are misleading;
the economy is in freefall.
If we are lucky it will be no worse than the worse days of Thatcherism.
We should get in the habit of not spending now.
Vilipend
Vilipend
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:04 am

Vilipend wrote:I believe we are only on the brink of the recession,

So do you think its just kidology on the part of the so called experts Vil, so there aren't riots in the streets this summer as has been predicted. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilipend Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:32 am

I don't know why some experts say things will soon be back to normal Micky.
This is a good article;
http://www.lrb.co.uk/v31/n10/lanc01_.html
it's a bit complex in the middle but it's worth having a look at.
Explains a lot...
Vilipend
Vilipend
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:11 am

Vilipend wrote:I don't know why some experts say things will soon be back to normal Micky.
This is a good article;
http://www.lrb.co.uk/v31/n10/lanc01_.html
it's a bit complex in the middle but it's worth having a look at.
Explains a lot...

I'll read that 2moz when ive got about two hours to spare mate lol. Shocked lol! i will have a look though mate . Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:51 am

MickyMod wrote:

So do you think its just kidology on the part of the so called experts Vil, so there aren't riots in the streets this summer as has been predicted. Shocked

This is my opinion as well, (hope I`m wrong though) look closely I don`t see things getting better, another Building Society Closed, (Cheltenham) British Airways almost Broke, may be able to struggle along for a few more weeks.( along with a few more airlines, yet to admit it) Oil Prices going through the roof again, prices will filter through to the market place in a few weeks, Even Auntie BBC is cutting back already, Sentana Sport gone bust, ITV almost finished, this is just the start. Evil or Very Mad Shocked
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
MickyMod wrote:

This is my opinion as well, (hope I`m wrong though) look closely I don`t see things getting better, another Building Society Closed, (Cheltenham) British Airways almost Broke, may be able to struggle along for a few more weeks.( along with a few more airlines, yet to admit it) Oil Prices going through the roof again, prices will filter through to the market place in a few weeks, Even Auntie BBC is cutting back already, Sentana Sport gone bust, ITV almost finished, this is just the start. Evil or Very Mad Shocked

Speculators are a lot to do with the oil price SB, cos i was watching programme a while back and one of these speculators admitted that he'd pushed the price up artificially even though there was a plentiful supply of black gold, and he said at the time the price would be coming down again which it did, so imo mate, these ppl are playing with ppls lives to make a quick buck and whilst its totally wrong i feel there's not a damn thing we can do about it. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:47 pm

Yes Micky there is a glut of oil, but apparently the Middle East Market is collapsing, so it is a question of trying to support them, if they go under, the oil market goes with them, around here petrol prices are almost as bad as they were last year, but nobody seems to be complaining this time, which I don`t understand. scratch Shocked
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:52 am

Oil prices reached a hundred and fifty dollars a barrell through specualtors not long back but ...the reason oil is going up now is cos the China and India and Russia are on the rise.
They are using more and more resources ...the Chinese economy is growing at a staggering six percent ...the Indian population are buying millions of cars and tv's and puters ...the west is fucked ...the east are booming ..therefore demanding more and more oil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:42 am

jack wrote:Oil prices reached a hundred and fifty dollars a barrell through specualtors not long back but ...the reason oil is going up now is cos the China and India and Russia are on the rise.
They are using more and more resources ...the Chinese economy is growing at a staggering six percent ...the Indian population are buying millions of cars and tv's and puters ...the west is fucked ...the east are booming ..therefore demanding more and more oil.

I got the impression China`s economy is rapidly slowing down, no one in the west is buying or can afford the goods they are producing, Japan have just managed to get back from a major recession, only to find no one wants their electrical goods and are teetering on the brink again, the Arab states cannot afford the massive building projects they have started and are abandoning them, we flogged them a boat a year ago and they had great ideas on it but now cant afford to do anything with it, its now going rusty. Sad Shocked
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:51 am

Snookerballs wrote:
jack wrote:Oil prices reached a hundred and fifty dollars a barrell through specualtors not long back but ...the reason oil is going up now is cos the China and India and Russia are on the rise.

I got the impression China`s economy is rapidly slowing down, no one in the west is buying or can afford the goods they are producing, Japan have just managed to get back from a major recession, only to find no one wants their electrical goods and are teetering on the brink again, the Arab states cannot afford the massive building projects they have started and are abandoning them, we flogged them a boat a year ago and they had great ideas on it but now cant afford to do anything with it, its now going rusty. Sad Shocked

Chinas economy was expected to run at eight percent but the financial crisis plunged it to ...six ...which is still a staggering amount of growth and to off set the fall in the sales of goods they have turned inward and started social programmes housing etc etc and are buying less and less worthless American monopoly money. They are also doing big deals with Russia and India ...Iran and south America to more than make up for it.
Russia India China are now ditching the dollar and talking of using another currency.
Everyone is ditching the dollar as I ...ignorant little me ...predicted over a year ago on the Mirror forum.
America have been encircling central Asia militarily and central Asia have woken up to the fact that they themselves are paying for that military adventure ...but no longer.
Before this year is out ...America and the dollar collapse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:55 am

What I find really interesting is a prediction in the Bible which tells of a billion soldiers heading west from the land of the rising sun.
It says they will build roads to do this.
Well they have built highways into Russia India and Iran ...and who two thousand years ago could have forseen an army of a billion men!
Fascinating but ...I aint checked my facts on it so may have that slightly wrong ...I keep meaning to look closer but never get round to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next