SPA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teenagers 'planned' to blow up school.

4 posters

Go down

Teenagers 'planned' to blow up school. Empty Teenagers 'planned' to blow up school.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:58 am

Makes you wonder what this world's coming to.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/sep/02/manchester-teenagers-columbine-style-attack

Back to top Go down

Teenagers 'planned' to blow up school. Empty Re: Teenagers 'planned' to blow up school.

Post by Vilipend Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:46 am

If found guilty I wonder what they'll do with the 16 year old.
Vilipend
Vilipend
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Teenagers 'planned' to blow up school. Empty Re: Teenagers 'planned' to blow up school.

Post by Syl Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:57 pm

This is close to home for me. My Grandson goes to that school, and walks home via that precinct.
Whats wrong with these kids? They look up to, and try to emulate raving nutters. Thank God the girlfriend reported them to the police, before they actually tried it out.

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily-Pad Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:22 pm

Blimey Syl, that must've made the story pretty damn real for you. I couldn't believe it when I heard this, I can't comprehend the thought process that lead two lads to planning this. They must've felt like the whole world was against them.
Lily-Pad
Lily-Pad
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:35 pm

To be honest, I have only just read the story, so it was pretty shocking.
The other kids that have gone on to mass murder, probably started out like this. A loner, or a couple of missfits, who think the world is against them.
When you read of these things happening, it never occurs to you that it could be happening next door, so to speak.

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily-Pad Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:39 pm

I don't understand how a child can be this unhappy and it not be picked up by the responsible adults around him. I know teachers get a lot of flack but I think that the mental stability of their pupils should be more important to them than bloody exam results.
Lily-Pad
Lily-Pad
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:06 pm

Apparently, an essay one of the lads wrote, outlined some of his plans. The teacher marked it as "very interesting".
Perhaps warning bells should have rung then. Rolling Eyes

I agree with you. IMO, NO KID, goes from normal to insane overnight. It happens over years. Pity parents, teachers, anyone, take no notice, till its too late.

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:53 pm

It must be very difficult for a Teacher to establish fact from fiction, especially within that age group, with vivid imaginations, and the types of computer games,films etc that are available. must have been a shock as it was so local.
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:08 pm

Ultimately its a parents job to know their kids inside out.
Kids do have vivid imaginations. My son was obsessed with guns, grenades, war books, ect, when he was about 11. I did worry a bit, but I watched him. He was kind, would'nt hurt a fly, ect.
If he had shown a cruel streak, AND been obsessed with guns, I would have watched closer, and got help if needed.
Some parents look away, there are always signs, IMO.

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily-Pad Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:44 pm

Latest update to this story, they have been cleared!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8258910.stm
Lily-Pad
Lily-Pad
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum