SPA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing US girl bore two children

+7
Old_Punk
letitbe
Syl
Tuscany
chronos
Four Kids
Lily-Pad
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Missing US girl bore two children Empty Missing US girl bore two children

Post by Lily-Pad Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:35 pm

A US woman found after being abducted as a girl in 1991 gave birth to two children fathered by her alleged kidnapper - the first when she was 14.

The girls stepfather has been the main suspect for the last 18 years, can you imagine having to live with that over your head all this time?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8226165.stm

Is there a sentence that would give this girl justice for all that she has lost?
Lily-Pad
Lily-Pad
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Missing US girl bore two children Empty Re: Missing US girl bore two children

Post by Four Kids Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:51 pm

pale Good god how awful Crying or Very sad
Four Kids
Four Kids
Valued member
Valued member

Back to top Go down

Post by chronos Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:44 am

Lily-Pad wrote:A US woman found after being abducted as a girl in 1991 gave birth to two children fathered by her alleged kidnapper - the first when she was 14.

The girls stepfather has been the main suspect for the last 18 years, can you imagine having to live with that over your head all this time?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8226165.stm

Is there a sentence that would give this girl justice for all that she has lost?
is there justice to be found for his crime?
no, not in our system...he wont be put to death
chronos
chronos
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuscany Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:37 pm

The sad reality is that even though she has now been freed, she will spend the rest of her lifetime recovering from such an extended period of torture. There is no punishment worthy of such a horrific crime.

Tuscany
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:07 pm

I feel so for this girl, her youth and innocence cruelly snatched by this dirty, rotten nonce! Evil or Very Mad His wife is no better allowing this, the bitch! Evil or Very Mad

The poor kiddies too, born to this monster. They are innocent and im glad they were found before he did the same to them.

This nonce and his noncet should be handed over to the family, let them deal their own punishment on this monster, who has also given them 18 years of hell too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:14 pm

Amazing that he got away with this for so long.
Apparently, the young girl formed a bond with him, and will now suffer horrendous guilt as well. She wil need years of therapy, as will her children.

I dont know how this peadophile, and his wife, who went along with it, should be punished. He should'nt be free to abuse anyone else, thats for sure. He has called it a "love story" I believe.

Her Stepfather must have lived in hell, since she was abducted. Lots of lives have been ruined, by this mans perverted nature.

(On a different note, a story like this, must give Madeline Mcanns parents hope).

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by letitbe Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:17 pm

She was hidden away in a yard behind the back yard. She lived in a tent with primitive shower and loo. Disgusting

letitbe
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Punk Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:56 pm

Josef Fritzl said you cant have basement without semen
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuscany Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:55 pm

And now I believe they are investigating him for other unsolved murders/rapes from years past. He was supposed to be in jail for life for an earlier kidnapping and rape, but was let out. How terrible that must be for the later victims to hear.

Tuscany
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:06 pm

I read this morning, that whilst he was in jail, his wife did the job of keeping the young girl prisoner. I think that was before she had bore his children. She (its said) dragged the girl into the car, whilst he drove.
A bit like Hindley or West. She was as bad as him.

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuscany Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:23 pm

Syl wrote:I read this morning, that whilst he was in jail, his wife did the job of keeping the young girl prisoner. I think that was before she had bore his children. She (its said) dragged the girl into the car, whilst he drove.

This is probably a topic for a whole other thread, but do you think the wife (in this case and other similiar cases), is as much to blame as him? I am not defending what she did in the least, but I wonder if what she/they are subjected to for years themselves by their evil husbands, is also to blame for their lack of action? Not black and white, but shades of grey?

Tuscany
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:36 pm

Tuscany wrote:
Syl wrote:I read this morning, that whilst he was in jail, his wife did the job of keeping the young girl prisoner. I think that was before she had bore his children. She (its said) dragged the girl into the car, whilst he drove.

This is probably a topic for a whole other thread, but do you think the wife (in this case and other similiar cases), is as much to blame as him? I am not defending what she did in the least, but I wonder if what she/they are subjected to for years themselves by their evil husbands, is also to blame for their lack of action? Not black and white, but shades of grey?

I dont know. Fascinating subject though.
If these people were to partner someone "normal" would they live a relatively ordinary life.
Or do evil people gravitate towards likeminded folk?
Can a woman, (or man) be so afraid, or brainwashed, that they go along with whatever is sugested, without conscience? Or are they equally as evil.

I would love to be a psychiatrist, and get into the minds of people who do unimaginable things to other human beings. These people must have no empathy at all. It HAS TO origionate from the way they were treated as children.
IMO.

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by spank Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:05 am

Tuscany wrote:

Each case will be different I suppose. But in this case the man was in jail. She must have known that for x number of days, there was no way he was coming home. She could have got that girl out of there. She would probably still have faced charges but the girl would have been out of harms way. If she was so scared of her husband she could have said the girl escaped. She could have made an anonymous phone call to the Police. There must have been a thousand times and ways she could have helped that child. She didn't. She made the choice to protect herself and not to help Jaycee, so in this case, yes I think she is culpable, she deserves to rot in hell.

spank
Fresh
Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post by chronos Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:59 am

spank wrote:
Tuscany wrote:

Each case will be different I suppose. But in this case the man was in jail. She must have known that for x number of days, there was no way he was coming home. She could have got that girl out of there. She would probably still have faced charges but the girl would have been out of harms way. If she was so scared of her husband she could have said the girl escaped. She could have made an anonymous phone call to the Police. There must have been a thousand times and ways she could have helped that child. She didn't. She made the choice to protect herself and not to help Jaycee, so in this case, yes I think she is culpable, she deserves to rot in hell.

she had just over 5 months alone while her husband was in jail.
that was the perfect time to show remorse and free the girl but she didnt.
she needs to face justice for her crimes.
chronos
chronos
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by spank Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:27 am

chronos wrote:[
she had just over 5 months alone while her husband was in jail.
that was the perfect time to show remorse and free the girl but she didnt.
she needs to face justice for her crimes.

Well let's all hope the charges stick, that there are no plea bargains and she and her husband are never let out of jail for the rest of their days. Would that be justice for Jaycee? I'm not sure anything could make up for what she has been through and what she has lost.

spank
Fresh
Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuscany Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:06 pm

spank wrote:
Tuscany wrote:

Hello Spank, I agree with everything you said here because when I read about it, I feel the same way too. It's outrageous that she didn't do anything when she had the chance. I guess I was wondering why it is they don't..
Why it is in so many cases you hear, even when given a chance to escape (the victim) or when given a chance to let the victim escape (the wife), they don't or can't. Is it that by the time an opportunity comes by, after years of abuse, they are just not capable of having independent thought any more?

Tuscany
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuscany Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:18 pm

Syl wrote:
Tuscany wrote:

I dont know. Fascinating subject though.
If these people were to partner someone "normal" would they live a relatively ordinary life.
Or do evil people gravitate towards likeminded folk?
Can a woman, (or man) be so afraid, or brainwashed, that they go along with whatever is sugested, without conscience? Or are they equally as evil.

I would love to be a psychiatrist, and get into the minds of people who do unimaginable things to other human beings. These people must have no empathy at all. It HAS TO origionate from the way they were treated as children.
IMO.

I would like to believe the first line there.

Regarding the brain washed and the conscience bit, that's where it gets grey for me. I always think that if it was me in their position, I would never go along with it as I have a conscience etc. but then what do I know how it actually feels to be so afraid or brainwashed or abused.

Tuscany
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:22 am

Tuscany, :wavingsmily:
I know what you mean. I have had conversations with friends, about why some women allow themselves to be mistreated, battered, see their kids scared, ect, ect. We dont understand it. But then again, we have never been in that position.

Maybe, if your childhood did,nt instill in you a conscience, to love and protect yourself, ,,,,which would then lead on to not being able to love and protect others, it could happen.

Whichever way I look at things, it all boils down to childhood.
I sometimes think people should'nt be allowed to breed, untill they have proved that they can become decent responsible parents.

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by chronos Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:04 am

she was in it with him..sometimes two evil people hook up and act together..sometimes its simple
chronos
chronos
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuscany Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:13 am

Syl wrote:Tuscany, :wavingsmily:
I know what you mean. I have had conversations with friends, about why some women allow themselves to be mistreated, battered, see their kids scared, ect, ect. We dont understand it. But then again, we have never been in that position.

Maybe, if your childhood did,nt instill in you a conscience, to love and protect yourself, ,,,,which would then lead on to not being able to love and protect others, it could happen.

Whichever way I look at things, it all boils down to childhood.
I sometimes think people should'nt be allowed to breed, untill they have proved that they can become decent responsible parents.

Hello syl :wavingsmily:

It looks like we think alike again there, so not much fun debating it with you Laughing I was going to bring up the same, battered women's syndrome because that's another area where the same occurs i.e staying in an abusive relationship with children exposed to it Definitely not the same as this extreme case ofcourse. Easy to say "I would leave" but who knows what that kind of fear really is.

There have been studies on what the lack of bonding does to children, that inability they have for empathy thereafter, their sociopathic behaviour, their inability to break the cycle of physical abuse..and I think too, it boils down to your childhood or the lack of one. One needs a marriage licence but anybody can have a baby!
But just as you get comfortable with the idea, you read about cases where the child was subjected to horrendous abuse ( one in particular, I forget the name of the book, will look it up!), and then they grow up to be the most caring, empathic adults.

Not to forget some physically abused children/women who snap and kill their abusers and others who don't. Maybe at the end of it all, it is genetic. And as much as we hate to let people get away with that excuse, it is partly true?

Tuscany
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:17 pm

Tuscany, :wavingsmily:
I am sure sooner or later we will disagree about something. That,ll be fun. Smile

There have been many books written recently, about the horrendous abuse children have suffered, and yet gone on to overcome all the cruelty, and live happy and fulfilling adult lives.

Have you read the trilogy by Dave Pelzer?
A child called it.....The lost boy.....A man named Dave.
They are very powerful, showing how the human spirit can rise above all manner of cruelty.

I hope he wont mind me saying, but Markey, on this forum, has been through horrors, from childhood, which beggars belief.

Re your last line, (above post)
People are different. Some may snap, some find the courage to leave, some live a life under the thumb of their tormerntor.
I dont think anyone is born evil. We may have genetic "ways" that can be channelled one way or another. But I think, if guided carefully, it would be the exception to the rule, who turned out bad.

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:32 pm

I find it very difficult to understand the bond and how the partners/hostages stand by and support the person knowing they have commited a crime like this, (wife beating a good example). 2 high profile cases, Patty Hearst kidnapped by the SLA, (Symbionese Liberation Army) for a ransom, ended up being brainwashed and became part of the organisation furthing their cause.

Iranian Embassy Seige, sole survivor Fowzi Nejad was dressed up by the hostages (to look like a hostage) escorted to safety, it is rumoured that a SAS soldier wanted to take him back into the building and shoot him, but was stopped by the remaining hostages.
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:01 pm

I read that this girl had formed a bond with her captor, as well.

Years ago, there was a drama series on TV, a wealthy woman was captured, and held for ransom. One of her captors, appeared to show kindness, the others did,nt. Slowly, she fell in love with her kidnapper, and did'nt want to return to her husband.
It was played out over several weeks, and even though it was fiction, you could sort of understand how it could happen.

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:05 pm

Stockholm syndrome....
Dean
Dean
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:04 pm

I agree with the name Dean, for major pyschological situations, but this syndrome must also cover other aspects in relationships, which we are familiar with, ie, wife beating, control freak etc, these are everyday occurences which are accepted in relationships (mainly by women) Why is it that women in general accept this sort of situation. scratch
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next