SPA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Symbol.

+3
thedelboy
Tytonidae
Lily-Pad
7 posters

Go down

The Lost Symbol. Empty The Lost Symbol.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:54 am

This is the title of Dan Browns new book, and its all about the Freemasons and they're influence over the American Presidency.
So will anyone be reading it or do you think Mr Brown is too controversial an author so you'll be avoiding it.
Well i read the Da Vinci Code in 4 days and i found it an excellent read just like Angels and Demons, so i'll be reading it when i can get a copy, but who else likes a good thriller and would anyone on this forum admit to being a Freemason. Suspect

Back to top Go down

The Lost Symbol. Empty Re: The Lost Symbol.

Post by Lily-Pad Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:20 pm

If I admitted to it then they’d kick me out, so no!

But I will definitely be reading his new book, I love the conspiracies, I love his plot lines, I love the way he breaks his stories into several lines running together. He’s bloody brilliant.
Lily-Pad
Lily-Pad
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:30 pm

Lily-Pad wrote:If I admitted to it then they’d kick me out, so no!

But I will definitely be reading his new book, I love the conspiracies, I love his plot lines, I love the way he breaks his stories into several lines running together. He’s bloody brilliant.

Whatever some ppl think about him Frogster he's a brilliant author and i aspire to be as good as him in about 20 years lol, cos as soon as i picked up bothe his books as well as another called Digital Fortress i just couldn't put them down. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytonidae Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:31 pm

I don't know these films or book but my brother is a freemason, he got involved because his wifes father was a Grand Master' or something. It's alway been a bone of centention between us, as it's against my politics(and I thought his Rolling Eyes ) my sense of fairplay and I've always seen this secret society as corrupting - however, maybe I don't know enough about what freemasonary actually is, or if it's evovled.
I couldn't believe my brother would roll his trouser leg up and pledge this and that No
Tytonidae
Tytonidae
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:34 pm

Well i may as well tell you all on pain of death lol, but one of my brothers says he's a mason but we dont get on so i cant ask him about this book, but i'll certainly be reading it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily-Pad Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:58 pm

You’ve missed one Micky! Deception Point is utterly brilliant and touches on Aliens Very Happy
Lily-Pad
Lily-Pad
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:08 pm

Lily-Pad wrote:You’ve missed one Micky! Deception Point is utterly brilliant and touches on Aliens Very Happy

I forgot about that one mate, and yes ive read that as well lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:25 pm

there is a lot of myth regarding the freemasons, mostly conjured up by the media same as the buffaloes,the freemasons go as far back as the pharoahs the name "Freemason" was given to masons who earned thier freedom building pyramids and later for the construction of churches, it became a so called secret society during the time of Guy FAWkes,when it was then a way of keeping employment within a certain group of trades men and lawyers etc etc
You do not just become a member you must be nominated then seconded then you must read the book and qoute it from memory; one rule is once a freemason allways a freemason
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:29 pm

thedelboy wrote:there is a lot of myth regarding the freemasons, mostly conjured up by the media same as the buffaloes,the freemasons go as far back as the pharoahs the name "Freemason" was given to masons who earned thier freedom building pyramids and later for the construction of churches, it became a so called secret society during the time of Guy FAWkes,when it was then a way of keeping employment within a certain group of trades men and lawyers etc etc
You do not just become a member you must be nominated then seconded then you must read the book and qoute it from memory; one rule is once a freemason allways a freemason

I thought the Masons were the follow-on from the Knights Templar delmate, or have i got that wrong. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily-Pad Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:38 pm

Aren’t you thinking of the Priory of Sion?
Lily-Pad
Lily-Pad
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:47 pm

Explanation from Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:22 pm

Knights Templar were Bankers basically for the church when the Spanish king did not get his own way he blamed them for being heretics and the then pope had them executed, they never had any link to the Freemasons
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:51 pm

thedelboy wrote:Knights Templar were Bankers basically for the church when the Spanish king did not get his own way he blamed them for being heretics and the then pope had them executed, they never had any link to the Freemasons

Ive read and heard that the Freemasons were the successors to the Knights Templar though Del. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:00 pm

not true "Opus Daius" dont know the proper spelling is the new Knights Templar(of which a very prominent Female polotician is a member)
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:07 pm

thedelboy wrote:not true "Opus Daius" dont know the proper spelling is the new Knights Templar(of which a very prominent Female polotician is a member)

Thats Blears or the other smug cow. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:34 pm

right on both counts Blears and harmon
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:01 pm

MickyMod wrote:
Lily-Pad wrote:If I admitted to it then they’d kick me out, so no!

Whatever some ppl think about him Frogster he's a brilliant author and i aspire to be as good as him in about 20 years lol, cos as soon as i picked up bothe his books as well as another called Digital Fortress i just couldn't put them down. Shocked

I got Expelled !!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

He is appealing to the masses fascination of mystery and intrigue, gather there are quite a few inaccuracies in this book, maybe I might try and get a copy sometime. :coolsmiley:
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by letitbe Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:48 pm

My Father was a 32nd Degree Mason and Highest Honor too? He was also Potentate of the Shrine Temple. He hasd his 32nd degree Mason ring with a diamond Shine emblem attached made for me. I know they did good thing. The Shriner's Crippled Childrens Hospital Is similar to St. Jude's. Other than that I don't have a clue.

letitbe
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:15 pm

I bought my hub this book yesterday, and i started reading it today! Laughing

It gripped me from the first page, (it must've been made from a hugging tree) :rofl;:

Seriously though, our friend's a Mason, we've gone to lots of the Masonic Do's. My hub was asked years a go to join by his friend,and he has asked him non-stop since. My hub hasnt got the time nor the inclination to want to join, but his friends never gives up hope lo. I don't think it's as sinister as it's made out to be. I think years ago it probably was, but not as much nowadays. :sherlock: :grouphugg:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickymod Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:45 pm

My dad used to be a Buff does that count.. Shocked Laughing
Mickymod
Mickymod
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:53 pm

I speak for the illuminated.

Back to top Go down

Post by spank Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:15 pm

Just got the book..........and uh oh, what have we got at the front? A page entitled: FACT. Now where have I seen that before.......hmmmmm, let me think. Oh yeah, and we all know how "factual" that load of tosh was. Laughing I reserve judgement and will let you know.

spank
Fresh
Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:50 pm

I've finished the book now, very good. The pace is good, I couldnt put it down. Well worth a read study

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily-Pad Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:07 pm

On an aside note I just saw the Angels and Demons film!

What a load of tripe! completely ruined a brilliant story by taking out allk the clever stuff and replacing it with Tom Hanks and some explosions. Save yourself a couple of hours and don't bother.
Lily-Pad
Lily-Pad
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down