SPA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you a good parent?

+2
Rockmaninov
CannyX
6 posters

Go down

Are you a good parent? Empty Are you a good parent?

Post by CannyX Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:56 pm

Do you consider yourself to be a good parent/step parent? Don't be too harsh on yourself. None of us are given manuals on how to bring up the little sprogs. If you could go back in time what would you do differently? Or are you more than happy with the way your kids have turned out?

What about your own kids - are they old enough to be parents, and if so are they good parents? No need to go into great details about your personal circumstances cos this is a public forum.

We hear a lot about bad parents in the news. Now let's hear from a cross section of (hopefully) good parents! If you do not have kids, just give us some opinions anyway.

Thanks.
CannyX
CannyX
Supermod
Supermod

http://www.don't.com

Back to top Go down

Are you a good parent? Empty Re: Are you a good parent?

Post by Rockmaninov Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:01 am

Instill plenty of self-esteem in them. Saves a lot of trouble in the long run. And when they are little, give them as much of your time as humanly possible. They are not little for long! Self-esteem and time: 2 priceless gifts.
Rockmaninov
Rockmaninov
Valued member
Valued member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:27 am

My kids are my best friends, they're there for me and I'm here for them! they tell me everything (quite literally!) sure, I've made mistakes, wish I'd done some things differently, but my kids are really good lads and I'm extremely proud of them! Smile

My Son is a fantastic Dad! he has shocked me to the core with his 'hands on' dedication to his Son! I always knew he would make a good Dad but I had no idea he would also be a fantastic Mother!
Shocked Very Happy
Lexi
Lexi
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollup Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:40 am

My kids are far better at it than I was but ...I now get to make up for it with their kids.
The big laugh round here is ...I'll ask Grandad ...he knows everything study
I love being a grandad.
I have more time ...more patience ...more knowledge and understanding ...more money ...more self respect and a much better balance in my life.
My kids are fantastic.
Rollup
Rollup
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:43 am

My kids catch-phrase for me is "Mum'll sort it out" Rolling Eyes Laughing
Lexi
Lexi
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Melfi Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:18 pm

Sometimes I'm ace at it, other times I'm shit. I forget stuff, you know like selling raffel tickets for school ect. Last week I sent my soon to school with his uniform on and it was none uniform day. affraid
I dont think theres a worse feeling than that ''I've been a shit mum today'' feeling.
Melfi
Melfi
Fresh
Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post by CannyX Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:52 pm

Melfi wrote:Sometimes I'm ace at it, other times I'm shit. I forget stuff, you know like selling raffel tickets for school ect. Last week I sent my soon to school with his uniform on and it was none uniform day. affraid
I dont think theres a worse feeling than that ''I've been a shit mum today'' feeling.
OMG!! Embarassed Embarassed embarrassing for him!
i once forgot that the clocks had gone back, so my son missed a day off school, cos when we got there (at 7:30 am)the building was shut, so i thought that lessons had been cancelled.

mind you my son embarrassed me nonstop during his first few years of his life!! i still burn with embarrassment when i think of all the times he showed me up, very loudly, in supermarkets, etc. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

have i been a good parent?? well, on the whole, i hope so. i have certainly been a very strict mum. i just wish i'd had more kids, him being an only child is not always a good thing....
CannyX
CannyX
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:55 pm

Melfi wrote:Sometimes I'm ace at it, other times I'm shit. I forget stuff, you know like selling raffel tickets for school ect. Last week I sent my soon to school with his uniform on and it was none uniform day. affraid

big grin
Maverick
Maverick
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by CannyX Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:23 pm

Maverick wrote:

big grin
affraid affraid
you naughty boy, you know i will edit out such remarks!!
she's our melfi, forum princess! you can't be cheeky to her! No
CannyX
CannyX
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down