SPA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do young people think the word strike is a dirty word ?

5 posters

Go down

Why do young people think the word strike is a dirty word ? Empty Why do young people think the word strike is a dirty word ?

Post by lola Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:31 pm

They need to pick up some good history books instead of slagging the postal workers off who want better treatment by management. Its younger people who fecked up the economy in banks taking far too many risks In my opinion and they are greedy self centred :ggngngf: .
lola
lola
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Why do young people think the word strike is a dirty word ? Empty Re: Why do young people think the word strike is a dirty word ?

Post by Guest Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:34 pm

lola wrote:They need to pick up some good history books instead of slagging the postal workers off who want better treatment by management. Its younger people who fecked up the economy in banks taking far too many risks In my opinion and they are greedy self centred :ggngngf: .

Who's slagging off the postal workers lola, have you got a link please.

Back to top Go down

Why do young people think the word strike is a dirty word ? Empty Re: Why do young people think the word strike is a dirty word ?

Post by Old_Punk Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:38 pm

Strike is a dirty word for baseball batters Laughing
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Many young people were born and raised whilst Thatcher was in power.
Her, "Ime all right, Jack" attitude. brainwashed a lot of this country, IMO.
The working classes, and unions, were treated with disdain.
Her Government brought to its knees, one of the most powerful unions in the Country.

The last resort is to strike. It can split communities. But sometimess its the only way to get a fair deal.
And EVERYONE is entitled to a fair deal.

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by lola Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:39 pm

its on the jeremy vine show on bbc r 2 people moaning about striking.
Old you are not 27 Very Happy
lola
lola
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by lola Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:40 pm

Syl wrote:Many young people were born and raised whilst Thatcher was in power.
Her, "Ime all right, Jack" attitude. brainwashed a lot of this country, IMO.
The working classes, and unions, were treated with disdain.
Her Government brought to its knees, one of the most powerful unions in the Country.

The last resort is to strike. It can split communities. But sometimess its the only way to get a fair deal.
And EVERYONE is entitled to a fair deal.

I agree Syl
lola
lola
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Punk Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:42 pm

lola wrote:its on the jeremy vine show on bbc r 2 people moaning about striking.
Old you are not 27 Very Happy

Ahem my wii fit age is 27. Laughing
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by lola Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:49 pm

Oh thats ok then lol
lola
lola
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:52 pm

Fucked is a dirtier word and thats what these young people are going to be if they don't wake up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:56 pm

jack wrote:Fucked is a dirtier word and thats what these young people are going to be if they don't wake up.

Never afraid to tell it how it is, eh our jack. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by lola Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Well people are already fucked up as its the greedy fat cats who got the economy in a mess as it is now ! Thatchers generation and peeps my own age are greedy materialistic bastards imo. Obviously, not all but a good proportion are and after my recent school reunion the richest ones are obese and wrecks who have nowt to talk about other than soft furnishings and cars and i had to go home as they bored me and kept telling me i havnt changed as if it was a abad thing to be loud and opinionated ! Laughing :ggngngf:
lola
lola
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by letitbe Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:53 pm

Greed will cause man to totally self destruct IMO. :numbero0ne:

letitbe
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Punk Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:55 pm

letitbe wrote:Greed will cause man to totally self destruct IMO.

You are bang on the money there.
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by chronos Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:10 pm

I dont know how it is there but hereI could do without the postal service..they do nothing for me except stuff my mailbox with trash.
I cant make them stop.

and

they have a plumb of a job...excellent benefits and pay for little or no education. full retirement after 20 years etc.

I wouldnt be sorry if they shut the whole postal service down...that said theres a neighbor of mine who is a postman and I hope he isnt reading this!
chronos
chronos
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by letitbe Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:13 am

:drinkypoos:

letitbe
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down