SPA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where does the Spa go from here?

+8
Tytonidae
Fenella
Lexi
Goretti
spank
Maverick
Vilipend
Rollup
12 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Where does the Spa go from here? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where does the Spa go from here?

Post by Rollup Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:39 pm

Vilipend wrote:Just idling Jack!
Whither forums for thee old pal..?

I'm posting on dogs a little and on my place and Lexis ...thats about it really.
Mickys is boring as hell ...the pond is like a sex shop for the middle aged and Dels place ...never really happened did it.
Plenty to keep me busy though ...as in rearanging my life to meet new conditions What a Face
Dublin good?

The Irish have to be the best drinkers in the world.
I hope their pubs aren't closing down like they are here.
Rollup
Rollup
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Where does the Spa go from here? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where does the Spa go from here?

Post by CannyX Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:49 pm

Rollup wrote:Well?
the spa is here for whoever wants to come and post. everyone is welcome. nice to see tytonidae again! lovely lady.

vili , jack, maverick and others: let's make use of this quiet period to do more things IRL. ring mum more often, see friends more, give all the rooms a facelift with a lick of paint and some wicked soft furnishings.....
etc
CannyX
CannyX
Supermod
Supermod

http://www.don't.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollup Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:53 pm

CannyX wrote:
Rollup wrote:Well?
the spa is here for whoever wants to come and post. everyone is welcome. nice to see tytonidae again! lovely lady.

vili , jack, maverick and others: let's make use of this quiet period to do more things IRL. ring mum more often, see friends more, give all the rooms a facelift with a lick of paint and some wicked soft furnishings.....
etc

Real life!!!!!!!!
Are you on drugs or summat?
Rollup
Rollup
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by CannyX Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:04 pm

no guv, i'm not! Razz
real life is that little window of time in between posting on various forums!
CannyX
CannyX
Supermod
Supermod

http://www.don't.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollup Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:18 pm

CannyX wrote:no guv, i'm not! Razz
real life is that little window of time in between posting on various forums!

Real lifes where the edge is.
Rollup
Rollup
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:41 pm

I like this forum...now Very Happy
Lexi
Lexi
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenella Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:41 pm

Maybe people are just plain bored with forums and actually want a real life. thud What did people do before forums were invented? I suppose they went out and met friends in the pub or summat. Now they get pissed at home and hurl insults at strangers on the internet instead. headbang

Fenella
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:19 pm

This forum needs someone like Brad to liven it up. He may have been controversial but he certainly drew the crowds.

Bring back Brad, every forum he's been on has been a success, at least until the little Hitler's banned him.

Come back Brad..all is forgiven. Sad
Maverick
Maverick
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilipend Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:35 pm

If you see him tell him he's welcome... Neutral
Vilipend
Vilipend
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollup Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:36 pm

I'm all for Brad and the Major.
They are intelligent men of a different time.
So it gets heated ...we're all growed up now ...well most of us ...some of the time.
And ...anything to outragous can always be deleted ...makes more sense to me than deleting the poster.
Rollup
Rollup
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenella Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:39 pm

Rollup wrote:I'm all for Brad and the Major.
So it gets heated ...we're all growed up now ...well most of us ...some of the time.
And ...anything to outragous can always be deleted ...makes more sense to me than deleting the poster.

I agree. I do on occasion delete outrageous posts on Monkey, but there's no need to ban anyone just because they say outrageous things sometimes. Laughing

Fenella
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollup Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:43 pm

Fenella wrote:

I agree. I do on occasion delete outrageous posts on Monkey, but there's no need to ban anyone just because they say outrageous things sometimes. Laughing
Outragous makes me people take a sharp intake of breath ...others spit wine all over the screen when they burst out laughing ...thats usually me.
Rollup
Rollup
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by spank Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:00 pm

They should come back. They are entitled to their opinions, if someone disagrees with them, they can choose to use reasoned argument to "do battle" with them or they can choose to ignore them. There is a difference between outrageous and offensive though. Firm mods, that's all they need I reckon, not ban-happy, I am God moderation. That just pisses people off. As Jack said, we are all supposed to be adults, I reckon the majority or should that be marjorie-tee (I'm sorry, I'll get my coat) can cope with them.

spank
Fresh
Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollup Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:16 pm

spank wrote:

They should come back. They are entitled to their opinions, if someone disagrees with them, they can choose to use reasoned argument to "do battle" with them or they can choose to ignore them. There is a difference between outrageous and offensive though. Firm mods, that's all they need I reckon, not ban-happy, I am God moderation. That just pisses people off. As Jack said, we are all supposed to be adults, I reckon the majority or should that be marjorie-tee (I'm sorry, I'll get my coat) can cope with them.
It would seem though that the majority ...are expecting it to be like popping down the corner shop ...morning mrs jones ...terrible weather isn't it.
Oh I do like your new coat.
Yes and me and george are going on holiday on Friday ...I'll send you some pictures.
No one burps or farts cos ...well cos it's the corner shop.
But in the real world theres war and weather.
Some people want their internet to be sunny everyday.
Rollup
Rollup
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:31 pm

It's boring when everybody is agreeing with each other! all saying how 'wonderful' each other is! Mad
Lexi
Lexi
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollup Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:39 pm

Lexi wrote:It's boring when everybody is agreeing with each other! all saying how 'wonderful' each other is! Mad
Especially when it's bullshit Razz
Rollup
Rollup
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:51 pm

That's the most irritating part of it Jack! it is, all bullshit! Rolling Eyes
Lexi
Lexi
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by spank Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:49 am

Rollup wrote:
spank wrote:

It would seem though that the majority ...are expecting it to be like popping down the corner shop ...morning mrs jones ...terrible weather isn't it.
Oh I do like your new coat.
Yes and me and george are going on holiday on Friday ...I'll send you some pictures.
No one burps or farts cos ...well cos it's the corner shop.
But in the real world theres war and weather.
Some people want their internet to be sunny everyday.

I'm not sure that's quite true. Yes there are some fluffy posters around, I may well be considered one of them? But they were probably always fluffy, the fact that there are fewer posters around just makes them more visible. The ones who liked a good argument or debate, could fall out with someone on one thread but agree with the same person about something else on another thread are now few and far between, they've probably got sick of all the bollocks and gone elsewhere or strange as it may seem..........don't bother with forums at all. Everything gets personal now. Sure the real world has war and weather and both are brutal and indiscriminate but should disagreeing on the internet with some faceless bloke from who-cares-where really result in the kind of mayhem some people have had to endure of late? If the answer is "yes, that's just forum life", then where will it end? Will someone really have to be cut open and shat inside to prove that someone shouldn't be fucked with?

We've become a bunch of in-breds, too many little gangs talking about the same stuff in half a dozen different places. I found Vilipend's comment about how he is surprised that genuinely new posters never seem to appear, intriguing. How would anyone new be regarded? Nine times out of ten, they would be accused of being someone else and treat as suspicious. Who the hell would want to join these forums. I hope this place does move forward, I think it needs to change it's name and have a recruitment drive amongst those we know that have maybe given forums a break for a while.

spank
Fresh
Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollup Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:03 am

What he said^^^^^^^^^

I have tried to encourage new life into the forums ...intelligent life but ...to no avail.
Many people in this trap ...haven't a clue how they'd handle it.
Rollup
Rollup
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:28 am

I believe that Brad and The Major are both on Angry Monkey where they are allowed to vent their feelings without being harassed by admin. They are pulled into line occasionally by Fenella if they go OTT but they seem to enjoy their new found freedom of speech on that forum.

Flexibility is the name of the game and Fenella has the wisdom to recognise that aspect of running a forum.

The two of them bring drama and vitality to a forum and that's what makes a forum successful.

As Rollup has stated, we are all grown ups and we have the potential to engage in reasoned argument with people like Brad and the Major, and put our points of view over. I would prefer those two on my forum than a hundred boring posters who post daily on a regular basis but say very little, apart from Good morning, Good afternoon, stab someone in the back and then say Goodnight.

They can also be quite funny too at times.
Maverick
Maverick
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by spank Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:52 am

OMG, we're all agreeing. This won't do at all. I thought we'd established that agreeing with each other makes for a piss-poor forum? Objections? Anyone? Glad though I would be to see Brad and the Major here, there needs to be rules for them, first off - no pissing on their slippers, second - no calling female poster my dear and third - if the major is "popping out for some lunch" I don't need to know, it's not bloody twitter.

spank
Fresh
Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:04 am

spank wrote:OMG, we're all agreeing. This won't do at all. I thought we'd established that agreeing with each other makes for a piss-poor forum? Objections? Anyone? Glad though I would be to see Brad and the Major here, there needs to be rules for them, first off - no pissing on their slippers, second - no calling female posters my dear.

Ok my dear! I'll pass your message on.
thumbup
Maverick
Maverick
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by spank Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:26 am

Maverick wrote:
spank wrote:OMG, we're all agreeing. This won't do at all. I thought we'd established that agreeing with each other makes for a piss-poor forum? Objections? Anyone? Glad though I would be to see Brad and the Major here, there needs to be rules for them, first off - no pissing on their slippers, second - no calling female posters my dear.

Ok my dear! I'll pass your message on.
thumbup

Aww bless, thank you. When will you tell them, next time you're all at the day centre? cheekysmile

spank
Fresh
Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:28 am

Fight! Fight! Fight!... Razz
Lexi
Lexi
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenella Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:34 am

Maverick wrote:I believe that Brad and The Major are both on Angry Monkey where they are allowed to vent their feelings without being harassed by admin. They are pulled into line occasionally by Fenella if they go OTT but they seem to enjoy their new found freedom of speech on that forum.

Flexibility is the name of the game and Fenella has the wisdom to recognise that aspect of running a forum.

The two of them bring drama and vitality to a forum and that's what makes a forum successful.

As Rollup has stated, we are all grown ups and we have the potential to engage in reasoned argument with people like Brad and the Major, and put our points of view over. I would prefer those two on my forum than a hundred boring posters who post daily on a regular basis but say very little, apart from Good morning, Good afternoon, stab someone in the back and then say Goodnight.

They can also be quite funny too at times.

The Major and Brad are valued members of Monkey. cheers They know things which younger members don't, and they stick to their guns. That sometimes leads to some controversy, but there's nothing wrong with that. Laughing

Fenella
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum