SPA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Young brothers admit boys' attack.

+4
Old_Punk
CannyX
Syl
Lily-Pad
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Young brothers admit boys' attack. - Page 2 Empty Re: Young brothers admit boys' attack.

Post by Dean Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:58 pm

Shoot the little bastards in the face.....
Dean
Dean
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Young brothers admit boys' attack. - Page 2 Empty Re: Young brothers admit boys' attack.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:16 pm

DreamTwister wrote:These two little s**ts should be put into an adult jail and let the cons deal with them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/8233822.stm

I'm sorry, but I have to say I think that is a disgusting attitude, and very short-sighted

It's quite clear to most people how these boys have ended up as they are - they have been brought up by adults who didn't give a shit. Your answer to that is to do what ? Throw them in an adult jail and let another group of adults brutalise them ?

Last edited by Nigel on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:18 pm

Syl wrote:This was a timebomb waiting to happen.
The Mother was woefully inadequate. I think I read that her other SEVEN children had been taken into care.

The estranged Father was unemployed. And could only see his kids under supervision. Though family members have reportedly said that out of the two, he was the best parent.

Why did social services foster them together??? They were apparently managable apart.

Why did they foster them with a couple in their late 60's??
Surely they needed to be with familys who had the energy and the nouse to cope with them.

Why, when they should have been at the police station, answering questions about a similar attack they had carried out, just a week before, were they almost murdering these two other little boys??

In almost every case that comes to light, (thankfully very few) there are ALWAYS huge mistakes, by parents,.. social workers, .police. If they had done their jobs properly, these horrendous events would in most cases never happen.

I agree, Syl. I think you summed up very well where the responsibility lies

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilipend Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:04 pm

Nigel wrote:
DreamTwister wrote:These two little s**ts should be put into an adult jail and let the cons deal with them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/8233822.stm

I'm sorry, but I have to say I think that is a disgusting attitude, and very short-sighted

It's quite clear to most people how these boys have ended up as they are - they have been brought up by adults who didn't give a shit. Your answer to that is to do what ? Throw them in an adult jail and let another group of adults brutalise them ?

Well said Nigel.
Vilipend
Vilipend
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:17 pm

Agree with you Nigel, its a pity that the parents cant be held reasponsible for their childrens actions as well, attitudes might change.
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Just read a news article, a spokesman for Barnados made a statement, that too few children are being put into care, he wants the policy to be changed, his theory is that the Social Services view, that bad parents should be given another chance with their children is wrong, his theory is that once the situation is broken it cannot be refixed and the sooner a child including babies, from a bad home is put into foster care with a loving family the better it is for the child, Shocked
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunni Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:15 pm

Do you have the link SB ??
Bunni
Bunni
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:32 pm

www.aol.co.uk. News.
"More children should go into care"
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:28 pm

I think putting a child into care, should be the LAST resort. Especially as, if what is written, they get cared for LESS in care, than in their disfunctunal home that they have been taken out of.
It would help' if social workers were trained to a level of being able to spot blatant abuse in the first place.
Re these two boys. Would it not have been common sense, to split them up, and foster them with capable adults?
That does'nt seem to have been the case. Many times, horrible events happen, because the kids have been taken out of the frying pan, and put into the fire. (so to speak)

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:18 pm

I believe the Barnados spokesman meant "that putting children into care" was placing them with a foster family who would give them a more stable lifestyle, rather than the present thinking, that the original parents are likely to change their ways in looking after their children. IMO a controversial theory
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CannyX Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:30 pm

it's gonna cost the taxpayer a fortune to keep these boys incarcerated, several thousands a week, then it will cost a few millions to give them "anonymity" when they are finally realeased.
CannyX
CannyX
Supermod
Supermod

http://www.don't.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2