SPA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An interesting question.

+4
Vilipend
Old_Punk
markeymark
Truthy
8 posters

Go down

An interesting question. Empty An interesting question.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:50 pm

Carrying on from what Truthy said on the Nick Griffin thread about Jack Straws dad refusing to fight in WW2, for the sake of argument, if you were called up to fight in Afghanistan or anywhere for that matter, would you fight or would you be a concientious objector.

Last edited by MickyMod on Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

An interesting question. Empty Re: An interesting question.

Post by Truthy Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:59 pm

MickyMod wrote:Carrying on from what Truthy said on the Nick Griffin thread about Jack Straws Grandad refusing to fight in WW2, for the sake of argument, if you were called up to fight in Afghanistan or anywhere for that matter, would you fight or would you be a concientious objector.

I wouldn't have fought in any of the conflicts that have taken place in my lifetime as I believe they were all preventable and in the cases of Afghanistan and Iraq criminal.

Fighting wars should be a last resort and only when your survival depends on it. Iraq and Afghanisan were not about the west's survival at all and i the case of Iraq it is quite obvious that it was about two things only - oil and the protection of Israel.

Last edited by Truthy on Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Truthy
Truthy
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by markeymark Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:29 pm

i would only fight if there was a threat of being invaded, and Iraq we shouldnt be there
markeymark
markeymark
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Punk Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:52 pm

MickyMod wrote:Carrying on from what Truthy said on the Nick Griffin thread about Jack Straws dad refusing to fight in WW2, for the sake of argument, if you were called up to fight in Afghanistan or anywhere for that matter, would you fight or would you be a concientious objector.

I would only fight a defensive war so, for example, the Korean war would be no but an attack on our island would be different.
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:54 pm

Old_Punk wrote:
MickyMod wrote:Carrying on from what Truthy said on the Nick Griffin thread about Jack Straws dad refusing to fight in WW2, for the sake of argument, if you were called up to fight in Afghanistan or anywhere for that matter, would you fight or would you be a concientious objector.

I would only fight a defensive war so, for example, the Korean war would be no but an attack on our island would be different.

Out of curiosity, what about the Falklands?

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Punk Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:57 pm

DreamTwister wrote:
Old_Punk wrote:

No. They are not our mainland isles and aren't even in our sphere of influence and never have been. A relic of the Empire if ever there was one.
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilipend Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:08 am

markeymark wrote:i would only fight if there was a threat of being invaded, and Iraq we shouldnt be there

Agreed.
Vilipend
Vilipend
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:59 am

Old_Punk wrote:
DreamTwister wrote:
Old_Punk wrote:

No. They are not our mainland isles and aren't even in our sphere of influence and never have been. A relic of the Empire if ever there was one.

From a logistics point of view, it wasn't very well planned anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:29 am

DreamTwister wrote:
Old_Punk wrote:
DreamTwister wrote:
Old_Punk wrote:

so if the argies invaded again you would leave the british citizens to their fate?

what about the isle of man?

would you abandon the british citizens there to their fate too?
Joshua
Joshua
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytonidae Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:29 am

Interesting question yes and difficult for me to answer. I am not a pacifist but think I ought to be;I would not join up to defend or protect or kill but respect peoples mindset who do;I can't be totally sure of the Bibles teaching on this matter, I read it as 'not to take up arms' on the other hand it does seem to allow for that. It's a concept I've always struggled with.

Sometime they'll give a war and nobody will come. ~Carl Sandburg
Tytonidae
Tytonidae
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:09 am

I joined in the belief we would prevent war, and also my family are military, I have served in Ireland germany "Sinia"mfo and many other places and being honest I believe afghanistan a legit war as was the first gulf war (Kuwait) but the reasons for the second ongoing gulf war are illigitimate in my honest opinion
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilipend Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:10 pm

We could learn something from the Afghans.
Throw away our billion dollar attack fighter jets and subs,
Anyone foe who invades us, we defend to the death every inch of our land.
And as Churchill said,
Never Surrender.
Vilipend
Vilipend
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:53 pm

Old_Punk wrote:
DreamTwister wrote:
Old_Punk wrote:

What about future possible Oil/minerals explorations, should we have just given them away ?????
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Punk Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:39 pm

Joshua wrote:
DreamTwister wrote:
Old_Punk wrote:
DreamTwister wrote:
Old_Punk wrote:

so if the argies invaded again you would leave the british citizens to their fate?

I've said on an earlier post I will fight for our local islands. Why should we fight for an ex Argentinian colony which we invaded?

What was the point of us invading tiny islands around the world. No I wont fight for the British Virgin Islands either, what are they to us, apart from offshore tax havens?

Would any of you fight for the Falklands etc. which have nothing to do with any of us? Has anyone been to the Falklands etc.?
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:09 pm

Old_Punk wrote:
Joshua wrote:
DreamTwister wrote:
Old_Punk wrote:
DreamTwister wrote:
Old_Punk wrote:

I've said on an earlier post I will fight for our local islands. Why should we fight for an ex Argentinian colony which we invaded?

What was the point of us invading tiny islands around the world. No I wont fight for the British Virgin Islands either, what are they to us, apart from offshore tax havens?

Would any of you fight for the Falklands etc. which have nothing to do with any of us? Has anyone been to the Falklands etc.?

the falklands are british but if anyone wants to dispute that then it has to be sorted peacefully. the islanders are two thirds british/ british descent so we have a duty to protect them - not just leave them to the wolves.
Joshua
Joshua
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthy Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:55 pm

They wouldn't have been left to the wolves if Thatcher hadn't made so many defence cuts as was pointed out at the time. I said it then and i'll say it now - the Falkland's War was a waste of life and something that at the time suited both the military junta in Buenos Aires and the scum in Westminster who wanted to boost their popularity at a time of deep recession and economic gloom. It was a mere sideshow to the problems that both Argentina and Britain faced at the time.
Truthy
Truthy
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Punk Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Truthy wrote:They wouldn't have been left to the wolves if Thatcher hadn't made so many defence cuts as was pointed out at the time. I said it then and i'll say it now - the Falkland's War was a waste of life and something that at the time suited both the military junta in Buenos Aires and the scum in Westminster who wanted to boost their popularity at a time of deep recession and economic gloom. It was a mere sideshow to the problems that both Argentina and Britain faced at the time.

Milk Snatcher would have never been elected in 83 if it wasn't for the Falklands war.

Had anyone heard of Port Stanley before 1982?
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:07 pm

Old_Punk wrote:
Truthy wrote:They wouldn't have been left to the wolves if Thatcher hadn't made so many defence cuts as was pointed out at the time. I said it then and i'll say it now - the Falkland's War was a waste of life and something that at the time suited both the military junta in Buenos Aires and the scum in Westminster who wanted to boost their popularity at a time of deep recession and economic gloom. It was a mere sideshow to the problems that both Argentina and Britain faced at the time.

Milk Snatcher would have never been elected in 83 if it wasn't for the Falklands war.

and churchill would never have been a national hero but for ww2 Suspect
Joshua
Joshua
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthy Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:21 pm

Joshua wrote:
Old_Punk wrote:

Mrs Thatcher was never a national hero though. It seems she cared a lot more about the Falkland's inhabitants than the millions she threw out of work and the communities she destroyed.
Truthy
Truthy
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:44 pm

Truthy wrote:
Joshua wrote:
Old_Punk wrote:

Mrs Thatcher was never a national hero though. It seems she cared a lot more about the Falkland's inhabitants than the millions she threw out of work and the communities she destroyed.

yeah well thatcher had this crazy idea that we shouln't be getting further and further into debt by spending more than we earned. of course, that meant the people suffered- and that ain't a recipe for keeping in government

the only problem is that sooner or later the country will have to suffer big time and suffer on an uheard of scale. The ND is somewhere around £15,000 per person in the UK and rising fast- but who will vote for a party that wants to do anything about it?
Joshua
Joshua
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Punk Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:59 pm

Joshua wrote:
Truthy wrote:
Joshua wrote:
Old_Punk wrote:

yeah well thatcher had this crazy idea that we shouln't be getting further and further into debt by spending more than we earned. of course, that meant the people suffered- and that ain't a recipe for keeping in government

the only problem is that sooner or later the country will have to suffer big time and suffer on an uheard of scale. The ND is somewhere around £15,000 per person in the UK and rising fast- but who will vote for a party that wants to do anything about it?

The BNP dont want to do anything about. No

Shame the Tories did have any policies to stop people becoming more debt laden. Their banker mates didn't exactly try to reduce people's debt is here.
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down