SPA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To smoke or not to smoke that is the question.

+2
Tytonidae
letitbe
6 posters

Go down

To smoke or not to smoke that is the question. Empty To smoke or not to smoke that is the question.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:16 pm

I just nicked this off the snug so i hope Jack doesn't mind lol, but i wonder what UK viewers would make of these ads.

Shocked Discuss.

Last edited by MickyMod on Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

To smoke or not to smoke that is the question. Empty Re: To smoke or not to smoke that is the question.

Post by letitbe Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:35 pm

Can't get it to load?
It kills me to see teens buying ciggies. I will admit I have smoked in the past when much younger but never got hooked. I think it is stupid and nasty. My Grandmother always said "if God intended for man to smoke he would have put a chimney on his head."
Emphysema is a horrible death. (to watch)

letitbe
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

To smoke or not to smoke that is the question. Empty Re: To smoke or not to smoke that is the question.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:37 pm

letitbe wrote:Can't get it to load?
It kills me to see teens buying ciggies. I will admit I have smoked in the past when much younger but never got hooked. I think it is stupid and nasty. My Grandmother always said "if God intended for man to smoke he would have put a chimney on his head."
Emphysema is a horrible death. (to watch)

The gist of it is lets that the makers of these ads are saying that its gay to smoke, so these ads are homophobic in that sense, but thats not why i put the thread up, i just think its a rather extreme way to get the anti-smoking message across.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytonidae Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:46 pm

I can't view it either - This 'Gay' epithet is being commonly used by this age group. Such and such is 'Gay' they say - can be used to described anything but is always derogatory. I do not think this word ought to have been used in this way for the campaign.
My views on smoking are 'very very' thoroughly aired on pondlife Wink
Tytonidae
Tytonidae
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by letitbe Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:48 pm

I DON'T read POND whatever.

I think teens to day will go with anything that is HOT/IN. thud

letitbe
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:49 pm

I found another link to the same thing on youtube so you should see it now guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by letitbe Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:50 pm

see it where? scratch

letitbe
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:52 pm

letitbe wrote:see it where? scratch

Click on the link in my OP lets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytonidae Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Err!? is this a joke Shocked
Tytonidae
Tytonidae
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Tytonidae wrote:Err!? is this a joke Shocked

Wassup mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytonidae Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:57 pm

Those adverts! those discussions! - they don't look real to me No
Tytonidae
Tytonidae
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:59 pm

Tytonidae wrote:Those adds! those discussions! - they don't look real to me No

It IS America mate, and remember the worlds most hated family live in the States, and they'll have a field day with those ads id imagine. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by letitbe Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:05 pm

still no go BUT now who is the most hated family in US? I know who mine is. big grin

letitbe
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:07 pm

letitbe wrote:still no go BUT now who is the most hated family in US? I know who mine is. big grin

What about now lets, can you see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytonidae Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:09 pm

I wish I hadn't given any sort of sensible answer now Sad Embarassed - mind you I did that before I'd watched it Wink
Tytonidae
Tytonidae
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by letitbe Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:12 pm

can't get it but no bother. I live near a Jr. and Sr. High School I don't need to watch video's about these moron teens. snapoutofit

letitbe
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:14 pm

letitbe wrote:can't get it but no bother. I live near a Jr. and Sr. High School I don't need to watch video's about these moron teens. snapoutofit

You get the gist tho lets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Punk Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:17 pm

Tobacco and alcohol are the gateway drugs from hell and they are legal.

Marvellous
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:20 pm

Its a spoof like that channel 4 programme about paedofiles a while ago. Not very pc for all the homosexuals around though. To smoke or not to smoke that is the question. Icon_eek

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Punk Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:24 pm

Syl wrote:Its a spoof like that channel 4 programme about paedofiles a while ago. Not very pc for all the homosexuals around though. To smoke or not to smoke that is the question. Icon_eek

That Brass Eye programme fooled the idiots the Mail and News of the World who believed that someone with a velvet glove could touch a child through a monitor. FFS Laughing
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:35 pm

Old_Punk wrote:
Syl wrote:Its a spoof like that channel 4 programme about paedofiles a while ago. Not very pc for all the homosexuals around though. To smoke or not to smoke that is the question. Icon_eek

That Brass Eye programme fooled the idiots the Mail and News of the World who believed that someone with a velvet glove could touch a child through a monitor. FFS To smoke or not to smoke that is the question. Icon_lol

That it OP, Brass eye. (thanks) That programme fooled a lot of people at the time. Just shows that you can have an education but zero comon sense. To smoke or not to smoke that is the question. Icon_rolleyes

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Punk Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Syl wrote:
Old_Punk wrote:

That Brass Eye programme fooled the idiots the Mail and News of the World who believed that someone with a velvet glove could touch a child through a monitor. FFS To smoke or not to smoke that is the question. Icon_lol

That it OP, Brass eye. (thanks) That programme fooled a lot of people at the time. Just shows that you can have an education but zero common sense. To smoke or not to smoke that is the question. Icon_rolleyes

That's de rigeur for tabloid journalists. They bang out loads of 'stories' about immigrants then are perplexed by the popularity of the BNP. Mugs.
Old_Punk
Old_Punk
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:01 pm

No-one living under this Labour government can be perplexed by the popularity of the BNP.

They have played right into their hands with their PC policies and the madness of mass immigration.
Maverick
Maverick
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by CannyX Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:15 pm

Maverick wrote:No-one living under this Labour government can be perplexed by the popularity of the BNP.

They have played right into their hands with their PC policies and the madness of

mass immigration.
presumably you refer to east european immigration? that forms the vast majority, and it happened as a result of britain being an EU member.
CannyX
CannyX
Supermod
Supermod

http://www.don't.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:15 am

CannyX wrote:
Maverick wrote:No-one living under this Labour government can be perplexed by the popularity of the BNP.

They have played right into their hands with their PC policies and the madness of

mass immigration.
presumably you refer to east european immigration? that forms the vast majority, and it happened as a result of britain being an EU member.

I refer to ALL Immigration. It has got completely out of hand.
The door has got to be firmly closed and bolted for at least another 10 years.

Even some Labour ministers admit that it has been one big balls up and they have lost control of the situation. That's straight from the horse's mouth, not from some far right extremist.

By the way. Eastern European immigrants are far outnumbered by Asian and other non white immigrants in the UK. That is an indisputable fact, so let's keep the figures in order, please, Canny. The vast majority, as you state, are not Eastern Europeans at all, although they do comprise a large number of the most RECENT immigrants.
I refer to immigration overall since the 1950s.
Maverick
Maverick
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down