SPA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should page 3 be banned.

+15
Turkeygirl
Joshua
Old_Punk
Tuscany
Angel
letitbe
Dean
Vilipend
chronos
Pocahontas
Syl
Lily-Pad
Tytonidae
thedelboy
Lexi
19 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Should page 3 be banned.

Should page 3 be banned. - Page 5 Vote_lcap31%Should page 3 be banned. - Page 5 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
Should page 3 be banned. - Page 5 Vote_lcap38%Should page 3 be banned. - Page 5 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 5 ]
Should page 3 be banned. - Page 5 Vote_lcap31%Should page 3 be banned. - Page 5 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

Should page 3 be banned. - Page 5 Empty Re: Should page 3 be banned.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:57 pm

Turkeygirl wrote:
MickyMod wrote:No your not being a fuddy duddy dear, its just that we're still knee deep in recession and its a sure fire way to make maney by getting your bits out.

MICKY!!!!!!!!
Would you get your bits out to make money?

Id have to take ear muffs with me so i couldn't hear the laughter TG. Embarassed Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytonidae Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:12 pm

Syl wrote:I have given this topic some more thought.
Ty and Tusscany made some good points, so.......I have rethunk Should page 3 be banned. - Page 5 Icon_smile

I personally dont find topless women offensive. If I or my Son, and now my Grandson see them in newspapers or magazines, I care not a jot, because they are well balance and I honestly dont think it has a negative effect on them, or the way they think.
I can see though, that (for instance) in the workplace, it could be a tad irritating.

I thought this was a joke, but maybe thinking back, other people saw it differently.
I worked in a club, the owner, aquired a 'Pirrelli' calander. A really beautiful nude model, for every month. He hung it behind the bar, where I worked. I must admit, the remarks, comparasons, suggestions, ect, became a bit boring. Thinking back, some of the other girls were far more offended than I was.
When the boss went on holiday, for a joke, I felt tipped in bra's and pants on all the pictures. The boss went mad, his wife was pleased, I got into trouble, but all in all, what I saw then as a joke, probably WAS demeaning to some of the women who worked there.

So I concede that page three women COULD have a negative effect on society.

I've had a couple of 'rethunks' Wink on forums S yl, takes depth of character if I may say so Embarassed Wink
..& cheers Syl :wavingsmily:
Tytonidae
Tytonidae
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:12 pm

Micky I hope that was not aimed at me? Mad lol!
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:14 pm

thedelboy wrote:Micky I hope that was not aimed at me? Mad lol!

Not everythings about you twinkle. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:15 pm

Sad lol! lol! lol!
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytonidae Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:17 pm

..and taking up your point S yl, about that sort of calander in a place where women work or even regularly visit, like a garage for example, I think that ought to be a no no too.
Tytonidae
Tytonidae
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytonidae Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:22 pm

Syl wrote:not everyone can be academic.
I honestly think if certain girls have the option to bare their boobs, or work in Macdonalds they would choose the first option.

To digress a bit....I listened to a woman on radio, who had had a double mastectomy. She was going to have her portrait painted, in the nude, along with other women who had lost breasts. A well known female artist has been commissioned to do the work, then they will be shown in a gallery.

When I heard the discussion, I thought what a brilliant way to highlight a subject that is often hidden away.

Are they having this portrait painted 'to' highlight this issue S yl? like for a charitable foundation or something - or do they have other motivation and it will just happen to 'highlight' the subject? I'm just interested?
Are we to see it as art? will it be art?
Tytonidae
Tytonidae
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:25 pm

I find this thread very "Titilating" Suspect :legsout: lol! lol!
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytonidae Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:31 pm

No Rolling Eyes you're sick del lol!
Tytonidae
Tytonidae
Supermod
Supermod

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:32 pm

and I am too :sticouttongue:
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:35 pm

Tytonidae wrote:
Syl wrote:not everyone can be academic.
I honestly think if certain girls have the option to bare their boobs, or work in Macdonalds they would choose the first option.

To digress a bit....I listened to a woman on radio, who had had a double mastectomy. She was going to have her portrait painted, in the nude, along with other women who had lost breasts. A well known female artist has been commissioned to do the work, then they will be shown in a gallery.

When I heard the discussion, I thought what a brilliant way to highlight a subject that is often hidden away.

Are they having this portrait painted 'to' highlight this issue S yl? like for a charitable foundation or something - or do they have other motivation and it will just happen to 'highlight' the subject? I'm just interested?
Are we to see it as art? will it be art?

Wish I had listened more carefully. I missed some of the interview. I will try to relisten online. (if I can work out how) It was on BBC Manchester radio, yesterday morning.
One of the ladies who will pose, and the artist, was in the studio.
The lady who will pose, was very upbeat about the whole thing. Apparently, she is a lovely looking woman, and this op is obviously very traumatic for a woman. She feels it will help her, and others, still see themselves as 'desirable' the artist is obviously going to be painting them in a way to still show their beauty.
I am not sure, I think the work is going to be shown, just to bring encouragment and awareness to the subject.

Syl
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:36 pm

I like breasts as when you are behind them you have something to hold on to Embarassed
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:50 pm

Tytonidae wrote:..and taking up your point S yl, about that sort of calander in a place where women work or even regularly visit, like a garage for example, I think that ought to be a no no too.

One time at a Fire Station I was at, we talked about doing a Calender (Firefighters) for charity,(and Women folk!!) but when we looked around at our "MOTLEY" crew we saw Beer Gut, Short fat Hairy Legs, Bald Heads, False Teeth, , Knock Knees, Man Boobs, although we were the REAL THING it was decided to use Models instead!!!!! Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes :rofl;:
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Tytonidae wrote:..and taking up your point S yl, about that sort of calander in a place where women work or even regularly visit, like a garage for example, I think that ought to be a no no too.

One time at a Fire Station I was at, we talked about doing a Calender (Firefighters) for charity,(and Women folk!!) but when we looked around at our "MOTLEY" crew we saw Beer Gut, Short fat Hairy Legs, Bald Heads, False Teeth, , Knock Knees, Man Boobs, although we were the REAL THING it was decided to use Models instead!!!!! Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes :rofl;:

I thought you guys were supposed to be superfit SB. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Snookerballs Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:57 pm

We`re only Human Mickey!!!!!! Very Happy
Snookerballs
Snookerballs
Major contributor
Major contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuscany Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:59 pm

thedelboy wrote:what an utter load of tosh, some of the page 3 girls have become top business women! Jordan (Who I do not like) Linda Lusardi who owns a lot of property in her own right Sam Fox again a property magnate .Just cos a woman shows her bazookas does not make them thick, people who make that kind of judgement show there own lack of intelect Mad

Hi del, I don't think anyone has said that they lack business acumen or that they are thick, far from it. It's the message a national newspaper sends, specially to kids. Highlighting the fact that there's easy money to be made by exposing your god given bits which you haven't worked for, is hardly a positive message to send, imo.

Last edited by Tuscany on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuscany
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockmaninov Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:01 pm

I respect page 3 girls, Times have changed and they are not bimbos anymore. Many like Jodie Marsh and that Lucy Pinder have good brains.

I think they should all go and get academic qualifications as a back-up for when their assets move south and they have to retire from page 3. Business studies or Accountancy would be ideal to help them forge a brand new career.
Rockmaninov
Rockmaninov
Valued member
Valued member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:01 pm

Snookerballs wrote:We`re only Human Mickey!!!!!! Very Happy

Ok superfit humans then lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm

Rockmaninov wrote:I respect page 3 girls, Times have changed and they are not bimbos anymore. Many like Jodie Marsh and that Lucy Pinder have good brains.

I think they should all go and get academic qualifications as a back-up for when their assets move south and they have to retire from page 3. Business studies or Accountancy would be ideal to help them forge a brand new career.
its when their tits hit their kneecaps thats when some give up lol!
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by CannyX Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Rockmaninov wrote:I respect page 3 girls, Times have changed and they are not bimbos anymore. Many like Jodie Marsh and that Lucy Pinder have good brains.

trust me they were never bimbos in the first place. a woman who gets shedloads of cash for letting it all hang out is one smart cookie.
CannyX
CannyX
Supermod
Supermod

http://www.don't.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockmaninov Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:06 pm

thedelboy wrote:

its when their tits hit their kneecaps thats when some give up lol!
Very Happy
Rockmaninov
Rockmaninov
Valued member
Valued member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:06 pm

Turkeygirl wrote:I remember growing up and coming across the page 3 of the sun

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Dean
Dean
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuscany Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:07 pm

Joshua wrote:we read and see pictures of violence in newspapers but a pair of tits and there is outrage Should page 3 be banned. - Page 5 Icon_rolleyes

Well, the thread title is "Should Page 3 be banned"...'violence' in it's various forms has been discussed on other threads.

I don't see any outrage, I read interesting opinions for and against..and no eye rolling outrage by any of them either!

Tuscany
Contributing member
Contributing member

Back to top Go down

Post by thedelboy Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:11 pm

Dean wrote:
Turkeygirl wrote:I remember growing up and coming across the page 3 of the sun

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
:rofl;: :rofl;: :rofl;: :rofl;: :rofl;:
thedelboy
thedelboy
Most excellent member
Most excellent member

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkeygirl Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:13 pm

Times might of changed in those circles but to the average man on the street, a woman who gets her tits out is still a bimbo. A majority of men also would not want a girlfriend whose tits have been seen by all his mates and he stands a good ribbing about it in the pub.

It is the same as one night stands, they say times have changed and one night stands are now acceptable for girls but I still hear the words slapper, slag banded around by a lot of men.
Turkeygirl
Turkeygirl
Valued member
Valued member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum